In an attempt to break our bass fishing skunk streak, we headed back to the one place I had caught bass before. It was a really muggy, hot day out and we headed for the rock wall.
I chose a similar bait set up as the last time. Small J hook, 1/2 ounce weight and a small red soft crawfish lure. However, we ran into a brand new problem. Our lures kept getting snagged everywhere and completely stuck. I have no idea why this continued to happen because it didn’t last time. Within the first 5 minutes I had already had to cut my line.
So after a lot of unsuccessful casting on the rock wall, we decided to try our luck in a few other spots. We could see fish swimming around but they just weren’t biting. At one point Dan miscasted straight into a bush.
Finally, on the opposite side oar of the reservoir we actually got eyes on a bass. By this point I had lost at least six hooks and lures, and Dan about the same. The day ended with us getting stuck ck one last time, and calling it quits due to other obligations. No bass today, but still a nice day.